this is a draft for a yum history (of transactions) database
the idea is to keep track of all the info of what happened during a transaction, what caused it, the commands which invoked it, the state of things when it was invoked, etc. Giant patch currently available: http://james.fedorapeople.org/yum/patches/history-BIG.patch ... also in my yum git repo. (history branch).
things current history patch does
- yum nevra+pkgId
- nevra + checksums in the rpmdb before the ts (kind of, uses rpmdb version).
- nevra + checksums after the ts
- package dependencies/relationships within the ts?
- the proposed actions in the ts
- the proposed actions in the ts broken down into install/remove te's (we kind of save the TS_STATE)
- result/errorcode of the ts run
- getloginuid() -- something so that different users doing "sudo yum blah" could be differentiated?
- timestamp of the operation
- undo/repeat API and commands
- list/info/summary commands
things current history patch almost does
- all the enabled plugins (nevra+pkgId) -- [We need an API to allow things to add packages to the "transaction performed with packages" list]
things to maybe track
- all the repos enabled and timestamps/checksums of their repomd.xml files
- all the cli options (if any)
- any/all logging output from the ts (tricksy)
This is part of the YumProposedDbs page