User Interface changes
- Add downgrade command.
- It is now possible to reinstall local packages.
- It is now possible to reinstall obsoleted packages, without having to change the automatic obsolete processing configuration option.
- Yum has added it's own database, yumdb, which gets filled with information as you install/update/etc. packages. This let's yum know where the package came from, why it was installed, etc.
- yum list will now show which packages an installed package came from (Eg. instead of "installed" it might say "@fedora").
- Transaction output about requires/conflicts now includes the full nevra information (instead of just the package name).
- We use the nevra instead of just the package name for package installs/updates.
- We try to convert the package name to an nevra for package removals.
- We know prefer packages that provide what we asked for in their latest versions.
- Add message about options in yum-utils/etc. when we have a dependency problem.
- Change the sort criteria when downloading packages, from smallest to alphanumeric.
- Add grouping of options to yum --help.
- Add the latest update time from metalink to "yum repolist -v", so you can see if you have the latest repo. metadata.
- Add group id's to grouplist -v.
Resource improvement changes
- We don't bother doing a checksum on local packages.
- Check to see if something that could be a local package ends in .rpm, before we stat() it.
- Speed up searchNames() when we've loaded everything already.
- Speed up our utf8 text wrap implementation.
- Don't load file lists in some edge cases Eg. yum provides "perl(*)"
- Cache verifyLocalPkg() successes.
- All installed packages have a yumdb_info member.
- We now do include object length in our checksum tests, include for repo. metadata (if a new enough createrepo was used that it's available).
- GenericHolder?() now has a default attribute, mainly useful for when using doPackageLists().
- skip-broken now happens before postresolve_hook.
- Add downgrade() function.
- Allow pkgtup= to be used in install/update/remove/reinstall/downgrade.
3.2.23 - 173 commits: Tue May 19 15:54:50 2009 -0400
48 files changed, 8,208 insertions(+), 4,789 deletions(-)
31 files changed, 1,375 insertions(+), 461 deletions(-) [yum rpmUtils bin *.py]