User Interface changes
- Verify package now does not report broken symlinks as missing.
- Check if excludes are disabled for local packages.
- Option mpolicy is now a list, so you can list MD types directly.
- Preserve yumdb_info.reason=dep across updates.
- Show obsoletes in check-update, if the obsoletes flag is on.
- Added yum history command.
- Added version-groups, so you can get "rpmdb versions" for for subsets of packages.
- Obsoletes of updates win out in compare_providers.
- Allow repolist to run without any repodata (as long as not in verbose mode).
- Check rpmdb version against last history entry, and complain if they don't match.
- Sort reinstall/download output in the transaction output.
Resource improvement changes
- Drop pkgtup2pkgs cache (introduced in 3.2.24, I think).
- Make returnLeafNodes() a faster/smaller.
- Special, fast, sqlite queries for "/path/to/*" searches.
- Skip broken now does more efficient scanning of packages for updates/obsoletes.
- Speedup to rpmdb version generation, when we only want the main version.
- Add history classes and APIs.
- Add registerPackageName() to plugin classes.
- If the lock file can't be created don't raise the generic lockfile error (that's used to mean the file is locked).
- Ability to easily run yum command inside pdb.
- Add misc.getloginuid().
3.2.25 - 116 commits: Wed Oct 14 14:50:40 2009 -0400
48 files changed, 12,217 insertions(+), 5,243 deletions(-)
25 files changed, 1,791 insertions(+), 204 deletions(-) [yum rpmUtils bin *.py]